A link building strategy is the set of methods and techniques that are performed to generate quality backlinks to a website and thus help Google understand the relevance, authority, and quality of the said site.
Backlinks are inbound links from one web page to another. The higher the number of backlinks to your website from quality pages, the better your ranking will be in some search engines such as Google.
How to make a link building strategy?
If you are not immersed in the SEO field, perhaps it may sound a bit complicated for you to make a link building strategy, but by following these steps you will see that you can achieve it. Check them out below.
1. Keep the objectives of your SEO strategy clear
It is important to mention the following: before creating your link building strategy, it is important that you have carried out your SEO strategy.
The first step of the SEO strategy is to achieve your objectives in the short, medium, and long term since from them you derive the pages and keywords that you plan to position. From here you will take the web pages of your site with which you will work on your entire link building strategy.
2. Select the link building techniques you will use
Today it is difficult, or almost impossible, to position a page in the first places of Google without SEO Off Page, which is why dozens of link building techniques have been created to generate links and provide them with the relevance they need to position.
I share the most used to select the most appropriate according to your audience. I suggest that you work with two or more, but always in relation to your goals.
- Guest blog. Also known as a guest post, it is the practice of publishing an article with original content on the blog or website of another person or company. Frequently, this tactic allows you to add one or two links to your website. I recommend you look for opportunities in blogs of greater authority to yours, you will avoid wasting efforts on those who do not have a lot of traffic.
- Broken link building. It’s about looking for broken links on other websites. You can create a list of relevant websites for yours and with the help of an SEO tool, look for broken links within them. Later, contact the site and tell them that your content can complete what the broken link did.
- The claim of links. When you create really useful content, users start to use your articles as a reference in their own content. Identify these publications and mention them kindly, that you would like them to put the reference to your site.
- Web directories. These are websites with specific categories where you can describe the company a little and share the URL on your website.
- Participation in forums. It is one of the most common techniques and you should include yes or yes in your strategy. You should search and participate in forums related to your company. When you ask or answer, add a link to your web page.
- Link exchange. Sometimes it won’t be that easy to create backlinks. When you find a quality site, you can get in touch and make a link exchange proposal, either by placing a link between the two sites to the other or proposing an exchange of guest posts.
- Tiers link building. Perhaps it is one of the most complicated link building tactics and requires a little budget, but you will manage to give more relevance to your website. It is about creating three levels of blogs: in the third, you will share many links to external websites and you will include links to the second level, in this one, you will be writing articles. When you have enough content, you can start linking to your website.
3. Create a list of the pages and terms you want to position
In a link building strategy, it is recommended to work with content from your blog, since if you start linking to a service page it could be considered as SPAM, and instead of uploading positions, Google can send you at the end of the search.
Along with the list that you created in your SEO strategy, create one with the articles from your blog that can help you position those of services.
If you do not have enough content to help you position important pages, make a list of terms that could help you achieve this, and write your articles.
4. Analyze the competition
I recommend you make a list of the first places of the searches where you would like to position. Then, go to an SEO tool and download the list of your inbound links.
Here, you have two options:
- Replicate your link building strategy by creating links with the same techniques and domains as them.
- Analyze your backlinks and create your own list of link building opportunities.
5. Start working on linking under the selected techniques
Once you have selected the link building techniques that you will use to position your content, it is time to plan each of the links that you will place.
It is not just choosing the first forum, the most relevant content, and using any anchor text, it is about analyzing the following aspects:
- The authority of the site you will link to
- What content are you going to link based on their current position, the number of searches, and relevance within your objectives?
- The anchor text that you will use to link or if you decide to place the exact URL of your web page.
- How many links in a row have you made per page? Google can see the frequent linking to the same page as negative SEO, so you should analyze how long ago your last link to that URL was.
6. Create a spreadsheet for internal control of your link
Since you started creating inbound links to your website, you need to create a document in which you record each of those links. It will help you keep your backlink strategy in order and avoid penalties for mishandling your website.
As an expert in the SEO area, I recommend that your document contain the following columns:
- Email and password that you used to access a forum or register on a page
- Url of the forum website, website, or blog where you will place your link.
- Url destination, that is, one of your articles or content.
- Anchor text, word, or phrase that you use to link.
- Final URL, where you can find your placed backlink.
- Link placement date.
- Domain and page authority (you can get this data with tools like Moz).
7. Regularly analyze your link building strategy
As in any plan or strategy, it is important that you constantly monitor and analyze the actions you take to know if they are generating the results or expected, or otherwise, rethink the techniques you are using and improve your efforts.
Do you want to create your own link building strategy?
Now that you know how to make a link building strategy, it is time to create yours to improve the positioning of your website through SEO Off-Page.
What step do you think could be difficult to carry out? Leave us your comments, it will be a pleasure to talk with you.